Wednesday 8 January 2014

Extreme timetabling!

Just a quick post to show the schedule I'm going to be following for the next five weeks. My production plan calls for the all animation to be completed by Animex (10th Feb) so that I have time before the deadline on the 21st March to do all the lighting, rendering, music production, foley, editing, and anything else that might need doing.


I've divided up my weeks into time for three things: this character animation project - The Life of a Student Animator; my group project with my team Inky Squid; and personal time/commitments. I have split each day into morning, afternoon, evening and night (i.e. late evening - I do plan on sleeping!) and assigned certain shot numbers and stages to each of those times of day. The idea is to complete at least those shots at those times - that way I know I'll finish in time - and if I run ahead then I can start on the next set of shots to reduce my workload later on. Sundays I have tried to leave free so that I can have at least some rest, haha, but otherwise they can be a day when any work that took longer than expected can be completed.

This is obviously quite full-on, but it isn't for long. I want to get this individual project out of the way as much as possible at this stage, because it means that the character animation I'm doing for the group project can then take up more time in February as the deadline for that is later.

So with that, I'd better start doing what this timetable tells me to!

Caitlin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment