Friday 25 October 2013

Rough animatic - sketchy sound effects and all!

I finally drew my storyboard, so today I scanned it and timed up the panels in iMovie. There aren't many frames, just enough to get the main story points across, so while some frames last for a long time without much happening this is because there will be action and movement in the animation!

I quickly recorded some sound afterwards to help clarify some of what was going on (and add some more humour).


Now that I have uploaded it, I wonder if an extra twist on the end would improve the whole piece - for instance, that error sound playing again and the student's eyes flying open... haha! The ending seems a bit too soft and happy at the moment, so an extra moment of comedic peril might be a good idea (even though I do not wish that on any animator).

The main thing I have got out of this animatic is seeing, finally, how long the piece will end up. At nearly two minutes I'm a little concerned it's too much animation to take on, but I'll think on it. A lot of the shots require very little movement, so maybe if I can make a shot list that details how much is going on in each bit (in a more practical way than the script) I can get a better idea of the workload.

Caitlin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment