Tuesday 22 October 2013

Schedules and surveys

After finalising my script, I have been able to properly dive into my project now - or, in my case, take tentative steps into storyboarding! (It is not a stage I particularly enjoy, but it is a crucial one!)

The first thing I did this week was to make a schedule - a plan of what tasks I aim to get done week by week. I've learned over the past couple of years that while I can be pretty useless without some sort of plan to keep me on track, with a plan I can be very effective! It also relieves stress as I know that if I stick to the plan it will get done in time. Here is my lovely rainbow schedule:


(Click to enlarge. For a more up-to-date view you can see the actual spreadsheet here.)

I'm currently in week 4 of term time, and judging by the number of coloured boxes this is quite a busy week! I basically just want to have my idea storyboarded and made into an animatic (which I then show to friends around me to see if it conveys what I want) as soon as possible so I can confirm all the timings and move on to the rest of my planning.

Another task I set myself for this week was to, as part of my research, create and distribute a survey/questionnaire that would help me define what other people think of animators - in case my project idea is something no one else understands - and the industry in general. Once I close the survey I will format the results nicely and post them in a new tab on this blog. It is a digital survey, done through Google Drive's 'form' creator, that I posted on my Facebook page, in a forum, and on my Google+ page. It has been online for just over a day now and I've already received some very interesting, helpful and insightful comments from those who have taken part. They are all anonymous, which make it more intriguing for me as I can't guess what was written by whom!

I plan to leave it online for a week or so, so if you are reading this before November 2013 and you would like to help me gather as many results as possible, please take part in my survey here. Thank you!

All in all, things are moving along nicely.

Caitlin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment