Saturday 23 November 2013

Reference footage

This week I shot a lot of reference footage to use when I begin animating soon (my schedule is having to be rearranged a bit, as predicted). I did a couple of versions of a lot of the shots, giving me lots to choose from to base my character acting on.

This is a highly edited version, made to (almost) fit the timings of the previs I made, to show the basic idea of how the character will be acting.


I still don't know if I'm trying to cram too many ideas in, as this seems kind of fast… I'll see what my supervisor says when I present my progress review next week. The good news is I made myself laugh with the footage I filmed, so hopefully other people will laugh too! After all, what's the point of being an animator if you're not going to make an idiot of yourself on camera at some point? (My inhibitions are slowly being destroyed as my course goes on.)

In other news, I created myself a professional Twitter account for networking and such (so far I'm just tweeting and pretending that people will see it): www.twitter.com/Caitlin_Vickers

Now to make a presentation!

Caitlin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment